Regardless of whether you are trying to lose weight, have lost weight or need never lose weight, I can tell you this – the health tips that you already know, the ones that you hear and read about even without trying, the ones that every magazine publishes and republishes every year – they are true and often the most important ones.
OK, in this age of the internet, frankly, you will find that googling about some weight issue invariably gives you tons of information, and some of it is even contradictory. But there are some tips that are surefire truths. Here’s my attempt to create the Ten Commandments of Weight Loss/Healthy Living.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Multiple small meals is better than three big meals.
- Cut the carbs.
- Processed foods are bad for you. (refined sugar, refined carbs, savoury snacks, soft drinks, sausages, etc).
- Don’t eat late at night.
- Early to bed, early to rise.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day. (But not before you go to bed)
- Eggs are good for you. (Just watch the yolk)
- You have to exercise, you really do.
- Being fit, healthy and slim is awesome (it really really is).
Did you not know any of the above? Guess what, they are all true, and you will know how much when you embrace them all (including the last one, that’s the reward!).